This card is all about the paper. I cut a Top Fold card out of a dark blue paper:
- Cut a 4-1/2 x 12 in strip, and fold in half
- Final card size is 4-1/2 x 6
The pinwheel on this card is smaller than the one I made in the previous card. I inked one side of the paper because I didn't want to leave it white. The pinwheel instructions:
- 1 - 2 inch square
- Cut in toward the center, but do not cut all the way through (see picture below)
- This creates 4 triangle shapes
- I used 1/16 inch punch, and punched one corner of each triangle and the center of the pinwheel
- Pull the punched corner from each triangle in toward the center
- I attached a brad and as I pulled each side in I pushed the brad through the punch
- After all 4 were attached to the brad, I ran the brad through the center of the pinwheel to keep the wheels in place :-)
- They are approximately 1 inch long, they were cut free hand
- I used my 1/16 inch punch to punch in the top 2 corners and then took thread from my sewing kit to connect them.
- I cheated a bit and added a touch of tape to the back to hold the thread and banners in place.
- I liked the effect, because the banners gave the card some movement which is always fun (hmmm, that reminds me of those slider cards I used to make... that will have to be another day)
- I attached the banners and then used pop dots to layer the papers holding the pinwheel above.
This was relatively quick and easy to put together.
Copyright for Personal Use Antonella DeFalco