I know some of you use the Share the Memories software, and they are such a generous group, they offer these wonderful freebies and great instructions for how to use them... isn't that sweet?
This wonderful birthday card that you see was created with one of their beautiful freebies! Yeah!! The really nice thing is that you can use them even if you don't have their software because they share the digital files and not just the version that works with their software. So, please read on to see where you can get them for yourself.
They shared these great papers (yes, they are the patriotic set) and cupcake liners - they are so popular now aren't they? As you can see from my picture at the top of this post, I used mine on a Birthday card for a 10 year old. Now it worked out for 2 reasons, 1st his birthday is right around Independence Day and blues and reds work for boys... the stars are a bonus!!!
- I started with their background paper, after discussions with my "age appropriate consultant" (my son), I chose the blue background paper... because boys like blue (and red as well, but blue was better - lol)
- I then layered these beautiful "H" and "B" letter buttons (there is probably a more official term, but I'm going with this... these also from Share The Memories and are in my "digital collection" (that is just a fancy way of saying they are in my folder... and added the Happy Birthday to the card.
- I printed them out on this lovely cardstock I got from Couture Cardstock when I attended the Scrapbook Expo in New Jersey with Lucy (you remember her, she is my enabler and is partly responsible for my paper purchases at the expo, I mean I could have said no...not likely, but I coulda - lol)
- I then ran it through my cuttlebug Circles embossing folder (if any of you know the real name, please let me know)... I wanted to give it that extra bit of texture and I am glad I did! I was worried about circles, but then embraced the idea
- Then I added some bling - I mean really, I don't think I know how to make a card without it!!
- For the inside, I cut out some cupcakes from paper that I have, added a sentiment, finally used a tag I had, and yes, more bling and there you have it!! A birthday card (for a BOY!!!)
- I hope you like it!
Now, onto the freebie that inspired this card... This is the picture that greeted me, I mean, who wouldn't think of a birthday party when they are looking at cupcakes, am I right?
Aren't these the cutest cupcakes? I wish I could get the cupcakes too, don't you?? This is the project that they featured with the freebies... If you want to make your own cupcake liners, simply follow these instructions they provided (with some editorializing by me - lol):
- Start with the cupcakes... you can bake them yourself (let them cool before you add the liner, I mean you want to eat one right away, oh I mean you don't want to burn yourself). I would probably frost them afterwards, but if they are already frosted, throw them in the fridge and chill them before putting liners on because it is easier to put liners on if the frosting is cold.
- Print your Cupcake liner templates on cardstock and gather supplies (they recommend the following: small craft scissors, tape, foam squares, toothpicks and if you have them 1.25" circle punch and ribbon if you have it). Note: Each printed page will have enough supplies for 2 cupakes.
- Using the scissors cut along outside line of the liner pattern
- TIP: You can use a 1.25" circle punch to cut out the toppers and it will make it super easy because this is what size they are if printed at full size.
- Wrap liner around cupcake and tape at seam.
- TIP: If using a smaller cupcake, just wrap around at the desired height. You can place a smaller cupcake at the bottom of the liner or make it tighter and wrap it around at the top.
- Using foam squares or tape, attach the front and back circles together to form the topper. Insert toothpick between the circles
- Add ribbon onto the toothpick or at the bottom of the front circle, if desired.
- Insert toothpick into cupcake. Enjoy the finished cupcakes and share. Don't forget to use your imagination. The possibilites are endless!
YUM!!! You may want to hurry, these freebies will be there until July 17th! Just click here for the freebies and remember, if you order something, let them know you found them through me and don't forget to use my discount code STMMMS63090 to get your discount!!
I am linking up here:
The Answer is Chocolate Open House Link Party - http://answerischocolate.blogspot.com/2012/07/bff-open-house-link-party-62.html
Whipperberry Friday Flair Link Party - http://whipperberry.com/2012/07/friday-flair-link-party-inspiration-waffles.html
Sweet Stampin - Use the Colors of your flag - http://sweetstampinchallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/flags-are-out-at-sweet-stampin.html
Cards for Men - Birthday Card - http://cardsformen.blogspot.com/2012/07/challenge-14-happy-birthday.html
Craftionary Friday Fun Party - http://www.craftionary.net/2012/07/friday-fun-party-and-features-127.html
Marvelous Mess #71 - http://www.marvelouslymessy.com/2012/07/marvelous-mess-71-and-features.html
Make it Monday - http://ppp-makeitmonday.blogspot.com/
Disclosure: I was not compensated for this post, although I am an affiliate with Share The Memories for any purchases you may make with my discount code. As always, my opinions are solely my own, quirky as they may be :-)
Enjoy! Copyright for Personal Use Antonella DeFalco