banner

 

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

My Hero

Today is a day of reflection for me. This week in fact. I find this time of year very difficult for me because in 2004 my life changed in a way that it will never be the same again.

In 2004, I lost my mother. She was the most beautiful in all the ways a person can be. She loved everyone, but especially her family. We always felt safe and loved no matter what we did. She was a great person from the inside out and everyone who knew her still says that.

In honor of my mother, I am going to create something with each of you that we work on the rest of this week. On Saturday, July 15th I will post the completed project.

Many of you may wonder why I always sign my posts with "Love Unconditionally, Laugh Uncontrollably, and Live Unexpectedly Free!" After my mother's death I had some very difficult times. What got me through was knowing that my mother always wanted nothing but the best for us and wanted us to be happy. So, as I thought about it, I decided that one way to honor her would be to adopt a slogan that captured some of the traits that I loved the most about her, so this led to me to brainstorming and I came up with this slogan. These are some of the reasons why:
  • Love Unconditionally - We are one of those "typical" Italian families with large numbers of Aunts and Uncles who are not related by "love". They are related to us simply because of the love that my mother and father have for them. My mother never turned her back on anyone, I credit her for being able to be a loving step mother. Love doesn't ask for anything in return, it simply is. I always tell my girls, "There is always room in your heart to love one more!"
  • Laugh Uncontrollably - As a family, we have had our moment of rolling on the floor laughter. Laughing is one of those things that I don't think we do enough of. Let's face it, when we laugh our whole outlook on life changes. So this is to remind me to stop and smell the roses.
  • Live Unexpectedly Free - If you can do the first two things, then I think it leads to this. Put your family first set a goal or attempt to reach a dream (I know, easier said than done). If you can, then you are free.
This blog and some of the other "projects" I have in the works are my way of trying to do these things. It is part of a dream I have had and a way to use those "creative juices" that are dying to come out and play. I hope that this becomes a way for people to learn about a beautiful art form, but more importantly a way for them to try something that they are afraid to try.

Let us spread our wings together!

The project that we will work on will be based on the saying
"Love Unconditionally, Laugh Uncontrollably, and Live Unexpectedly Free!" I will tell you more later. :-)

Thank you and I hope you have fun with our project.
Antonella
:-)


Copyright Antonella

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails