banner

 

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

On the 12th Day of Quilling - Spreuer Cross


On the 12th Day of Quilling we made a Spreuer Cross.

Click for help on Spreuer Instructions. For this project I started wrapping in the center and then wrapped to the right and then the left. You will see me write R or L to indicate this, please remember that it will turn out the same if you go the opposite sides as long as they are even and you continue to alternate. I am providing my instructions this way, because I needed to pick a direction.

The fun thing about Spreuer is that it is really a lot of fun and just like all quilling, it is something you can experiment with and find new ways to use it... I hope you give this a try!

So, for the cross you need the following:
You need to make 3 of these:
  • Start 6 - R7 - L7 - R8 - L8 End

For the longer part of the cross, make 1 of these
  • Start 12 - R13 - L13 - R14 - L14 - R15 - L15 End

  • Glue the long piece to one of the short pieces (top to bottom)
  • Glue each of the remaining short pieces to either side of where you joined together the top and bottom pieces

Center flower:
  • 6 - 3 inch (7.62 cm) white teardrops
  • 1 - 3 inch (7.62 cm) red loose coil
  • 3 - 3 inch (7.62 cm) green marquis
  • Arrange to make flower as shown
  • Attach to Cross where all pieces are joined together


Enjoy!
Copyright Antonella DeFalco

Technorati Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Antonella,

I love your spreuer cross and ALL of your "days before Christmas" quilled trees!

Happy 2007 to you and yours!

Molly Smith
NAQG Member

Antonella said...

Molly, you are a sweetie. Thank you for your note! :-)

Rosie West said...

Hi, I have been looking at Spreuer patterns for two days and I am fired up enough to start...and your patterns are the ones I will start on..the spreuer cross and the others...if I do ok I will tell you and if I don't I will hide in the tall corn of Indiana. lol Thanks for all your instructions. Rosie West, Sheridan, Indiana

Antonella said...

LOL Rosie - I would love to see what you've done :-) I hope that I don't have to search for you in those corn fields... Hugs, antonella :-)

The Wedding Wanderer said...

Hey Qullingn nice blog, maybe you visiting my site ozdilh, good luck

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails