Let's begin with the snowflake ornament measurements:
- 1 - 12 inch (30.5 cm) White Tight Roll for the center of the snowflake
- 5 - 3 inch (7.6 cm) Blue Tight Roll (will go around the center tight roll)
- 5 - 6 inch (15.2 cm) White Teardrop (this will alternate with the blue tight roll around the center tight roll. The point of the teardrop will be glued to the center tight roll. See photo for placement)
- 5 - 6 inch (15.2 cm) Blue Tight Roll (will be glued to the top / rounded portion of the white teardrop)
- 5 - 6 inch (15.2 cm) White Teardrop (will be glued to the blue tight roll along the rounded end)
To make this snowflake sparkle, I used a glitter glue on both the front and back of the snowflake. I applied the glitter to one side at a time and allowed it to dry before turning it over and glittering the opposite side.
All that is left is the find a jump ring and attach it to one of your points and then tie a string to complete the ornament.
Making the Card
- Start with Blue cardstock (this is a quarter fold size card)
- Using various sizes of snowflake stamps, stamp snowflakes on card. I used the Tsukineko Silver which gives the card a glittering look.
- Tear a piece of white glitter paper and attach to bottom of the card to give the appearance of snow.
- Stamp "Merry Christmas" or "Let it Snow" or some other sentiment.
- Apply snowflake and snowman punches (or brads if you have them) to give the card a layered look.
- Attach the snowflake ornament from above and you are finished.
There you have it. A cute snowflake ornament and card, the winter theme can be used for any occasion during the winter months.