banner

 

Thursday, September 14, 2006

NAQG - North American Quilling Guild

I am a proud member of the North American Quilling Guild (NAQG).

What, you may ask is the NAQG? This is a group of dedicated people whose stated mission is to "to promote the lovely art of quilling and ensure that it is passed on to future generations"

I thought that this was a wonderful thought. This aligns closely with my desire to bring quilling to as many people as possible, and most importantly to make it accessible and help to make people feel like they can do this thing called Quilling.

For me, these are the things that make membership something that I truly enjoy... One of my favorite things about being involved with the NAQG is their quarterly newsletters. I love seeing quilling, and their newsletter is chock full of pictures and articles... They also have an Archive of their previous newsletters, so if you are a new member you can still see what they posted in the past. Their website also has free patterns in the members area... it is fun to look at other patterns and be inspired.

A disclaimer, I am sharing information about the NAQG because I have enjoyed being a part of this community and I love their Newsletters. Sometime I hope to be able to attend one of their annual meetings. There is a small annual membership fee, you will need to check their site for current fees. They really try to keep the fees low, I paid $25 for my current membership. I understand that even this amount may be too much for some of you. That is fine... I just wanted to share them with you.

As I have said before, all the quillers that I have met are very kind, caring individuals who willingly share what they have with everyone who is interested. The NAQG is one resource out there for you to use. It is by no means the only resource, most importantly, there are many free resources and groups out there so I encourage you to seek them out. Periodically, I will post about some of the groups and sites I have found along the way... please let me know of any you are aware of. :-)

Copyright Antonella DeFalco

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails