banner

 

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Quilling Basics - Getting Started

Quilling, or Paper Filigree, is an ancient art form that some say dates back to the ancient Egyptians. Today we use a variety of papers in varying lengths and widths to create our quilled masterpieces. Quilling involves taking strips of paper and twirling, rolling, shaping, and gluing them together. The name Quilling is derived from the name of the tool that the 16th century nuns used to create their shapes.

Information about Quilling can be found here:
Quilling as an art from or craft has a very low cost startup. The basic tools are generally things that you have around the house or they do not cost a lot of money to purchase. Most people can get started for less than $25. Information about what you need to get started can be found here:
I hope that you enjoy this site, please either comment on this post or send me an email with information about what you would like to see on this site.

Technorati Tags: , , , , ,

Copyright Antonella DeFalco

4 comments:

Divya Deepak said...

Thank u for all ur comments Antonella..very sweet:)
Actually I had made all those earlier but published them recently
I was jus busy with the painting from the past 2 months:)
Love
Divya

c.w.frosting said...

I haven't heard of quilling before! It's really pretty & am excited to look around your site.

-caroline @ c.w.frosting

bev said...

I am your newest follower!! I just want to thank you for sharing your artwork, tutorials, tips and heaven knows what else I may find here...lol. I am new to the art of quilling and when I found your web site through NAQG it was like a dream come true. I sent my membership fees to NAQG last Sunday and I am hoping to hear from them in the near future. I also have applied for membership in the Yahoo group. Again, thank you Antonella for sharing all of the information on the art of quilling that you have provided to me. Your art work is gorgeous and it is a honor to learn from someone as talented as you.

jaybea said...

I have looked at quilling quite often and have decided that it will be my next craft challenge, so I was happy I stumbled onto your blog your work is beautiful and your tutorials easy to follow, I have bought a grid guide (as I have limited use of one arm) so I hope that will be a bit easier for me and probably neater so I am off to download one of your patterns and have a play
Thank you for sharing

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails