banner

 

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Palm Tree and Sunshine in Winter


Brrr.... It has gotten colder here, and I was thinking that something that reminded me of warmer days would be nice...

Here is a Palm Tree that you can add to a card or to a scrapbook page. It is very easy to make.

For the Tree Trunk:
4 -
3 in (7.62 cm) C-Scrolls
1 -
2 in (5.08 cm) C-Scroll

Leaves:
1-
12 in (30.48 cm) Alternate side looping palms (refer to photo)

Alternate Side Looping:
Start with Center loops, first loop approximately ½ inch, second loop larger, bring strip to left and loop then to right and loop. Continue left loop, then right loop, and final left loop then right loop. Place a dab of glue at the bottom each time you pass by.

Coconuts:
1
- 2 in (5.08 cm) Tight Roll
1 -
3 in (7.62 cm) Tight Roll

This is a picture of how I incorporated this design on a card. I could have added a similar embellishment to a summer scrapbooking page or if you are feeling a bit mischievous you can add this to a Christmas page with Santa hanging out at the beach for a well deserved vacation.

Happy Quilling!

Enjoy!
Copyright Antonella DeFalco

Technorati Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi There, I also made a palm tree today on my own and I would like to scan and send you a picture of it. It's beautiful. Let me know hoe I can show you.

Regards,
Dumasia

Anonymous said...

Sorry I forgot to send you my e-mail id, it's farshogard@gmail.com

Regards,
Dumasia

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails