banner

 

Monday, February 15, 2010

Courage a Breast Cancer ATC


I wanted to share with everyone an ATC that I made for a friend when she found out that she had breast cancer.  I gave her this card before she went in for her surgery.  I know that in the US there have been some new studies out about breast cancer and the such, I wanted to say that I personally think that it is a good idea to go to your doctor for your exams and that I have seen mamograms save lives - don't put your health second, your life matters.



In honor of all those courageous people who battle breast cancer, I share with you my free pattern:

ATC pattern:
  • Cut Purple cardstock: 2.5 in x 3.5 in (6.4 cm x 8.9 cm)
  • For this ATC I created my own paper. I used MicroSoft PowerPoint to create this look.
  • I wanted to simulate the look of quilling paper strips so I created colored lines in various widths and shades to create the background.
  • I then trimmed 1/4 inches off top and side so that it is 1/8 inch smaller, on all sides, than the purple ATC size cardstock. Finally, I tore the right edge (I love that look)
  • I printed the word "Courage" on a scrap piece of paper and added some pink chalk through the word (sorry, don't remember what font I used)
  • I then added Alene's Paper Glaze over "Courage" (don't you love that look?).

 Mandala
  • 5 - 4 inch ( cm) Orange Teardrops.  Arrange and glue with the tip (pointed ends) touching.
  • 5 - 4 inch ( cm) Pink Tight Rolls.  Arrange and glue between the orange teardrops at the rounded end.
  • 10 - 4 inch ( cm) Orange Teardrops.  Arrange and glue 2 at a time, with the rounded ends touching and attach to the top of the first Orange layer of teardrops.
  • 5 - 6 inch ( cm) Pink Teardrops.  Arrange and glue between the points of the Orange teardrops you just glued down.
  • 5 - 6 inch ( cm) Orange Teardrops.  Arrange and glue to the top of the Pink Tight Rolls.
  • Paint entire Mandala with Alene's Paper Glaze (or similar product) to get that beautiful glossy look.
  • Allow to dry completely
  • Add a Crystal in the center for added sparkle and bling!
Glue to the ATC to complete the project.

I loved how the pink and orange look together.  The best part about this mandala design is that you can attach a pin back and wear it as a pin or attach a connector and have a beautiful necklace and the lovely glass look that the paper glaze gives it makes it a treasure for you or a friend.

 
Enjoy!
Copyright for Personal Use Antonella DeFalco

4 comments:

Charlotte Canup said...

Antonella, what a wonderful gift for your friend. Your quilling, as always, is just beautiful. I really like the background you created. And yes, I do love the look of torn paper. :-) Great project -- thanks for sharing!

Lisa Lectura Creations said...

Hi Antonella! Beautiful ATC! I just sent you an email. I love my OWOH prize! Thanks again so much! Your art is fabulous!

Hugs,
Lisa :)

Beedeebabee said...

Hi Antonella! I saw the lovely piece my sweet friend Lisa Lectura won in your OWOH giveaway, and had to come by for a little visit! Your things are so beautiful! I'm sure your friend will treasure this precious gift. xo Paulette

Antonella said...

Charlotte, Alena, Lisa, Paulette,

Thank you all so much for your wonderful words...

Hugs, antonella :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails