I wanted to share with everyone an ATC that I made for a friend when she found out that she had breast cancer. I gave her this card before she went in for her surgery. I know that in the US there have been some new studies out about breast cancer and the such, I wanted to say that I personally think that it is a good idea to go to your doctor for your exams and that I have seen mamograms save lives - don't put your health second, your life matters.
In honor of all those courageous people who battle breast cancer, I share with you my free pattern:
- Cut Purple cardstock: 2.5 in x 3.5 in (6.4 cm x 8.9 cm)
- For this ATC I created my own paper. I used MicroSoft PowerPoint to create this look.
- I wanted to simulate the look of quilling paper strips so I created colored lines in various widths and shades to create the background.
- I then trimmed 1/4 inches off top and side so that it is 1/8 inch smaller, on all sides, than the purple ATC size cardstock. Finally, I tore the right edge (I love that look)
- I printed the word "Courage" on a scrap piece of paper and added some pink chalk through the word (sorry, don't remember what font I used)
- I then added Alene's Paper Glaze over "Courage" (don't you love that look?).
- 5 - 4 inch ( cm) Orange Teardrops. Arrange and glue with the tip (pointed ends) touching.
- 5 - 4 inch ( cm) Pink Tight Rolls. Arrange and glue between the orange teardrops at the rounded end.
- 10 - 4 inch ( cm) Orange Teardrops. Arrange and glue 2 at a time, with the rounded ends touching and attach to the top of the first Orange layer of teardrops.
- 5 - 6 inch ( cm) Pink Teardrops. Arrange and glue between the points of the Orange teardrops you just glued down.
- 5 - 6 inch ( cm) Orange Teardrops. Arrange and glue to the top of the Pink Tight Rolls.
- Paint entire Mandala with Alene's Paper Glaze (or similar product) to get that beautiful glossy look.
- Allow to dry completely
- Add a Crystal in the center for added sparkle and bling!
I loved how the pink and orange look together. The best part about this mandala design is that you can attach a pin back and wear it as a pin or attach a connector and have a beautiful necklace and the lovely glass look that the paper glaze gives it makes it a treasure for you or a friend.