banner

 

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Happy Birthday Explosion Box

explosion box birthday gift card holder
Isn't this a cute way to deliver a Birthday Gift Card? I was doing my weekly round of the blogs that I follow and I found this post on the CraftiBlog, where she placed treats inside of an Explosion box... So, I used this for my inspiration to create a Gift Card Explosion box.

We are going to a Birthday Party and I wanted a new way to deliver a gift card to the birthday boy, and this was fit the bill perfectly.  I followed the instructions found here to create this little box.  Note: It is a very small box, a standard gift card fits inside when it is at an ever so slight angle because the box measures 2-1/2" all around.

My base started as a 7-1/2" square and the paper itself is glitter paper from the DCWV Bon Voyae Travel cardstock stack.  The top is 4-1/4" square from the K and company ancestry.com Designer Paper pad.  The inside of the explosion are 2-1/4" squares cut from a DCWV mini stack that I have.

This is the decorated inside of the base of the box. Since this is for a birthday, I selected the birthday base.  I could have stamped, but I chose to use paper instead.
 This is the glittery outside of the base of the box.  Note, when I make another one of these, I will try to keep the glitter for the lid instead of the base because this paper is difficult to fold.
 This is the top of the box, you can see the ribbon that I used.  To attach the ribbon, I cut a square, slightly smaller than the top of the box and punched 2 holes using a standard hole punch.  I then pulled the ribbon (from Michaels) through the holes and used the extra length to wrap around the box and tied a knot on the side.
 This is how the gift card nestles inside the box, ready to explode.

I'd love to hear from you if this inspires you to create one of these. I'd love to see your creation.

This was a lot of fun to make, and I hope that the recipient enjoys their gift.

UPDATE: I am entering this in the Make It Monday Linky Party

Enjoy! Copyright for Personal Use Antonella DeFalco

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails