Remember last week I talked about taking pictures while walking through New York City, well the picture you see is one I took of a tree that I had passed a few times. This tree was damaged during the unexpected snowstorm we had in October, and every time I pass this tree on my way to visit my dad I am drawn to it. The only problem is that this is on a road with no shoulder and there always appears to be someone behind me when I drive by... I started unpacking my little camera before I left the house just in case I had an opportunity to catch a shot (didn't always remember, but I really tried). So I tried for quite a while and even sometimes resorted to holding the camera and snapping shots as I drove by.... Finally, I had the perfect day... it was sunny and there was no one behind me, so I briefly stopped and snapped some shots... and this picture was born!
While I was preparing my picture I decided to play (thank you Picnik!!!), so here are some of the fun things I tried....
Character is like a tree and reputation like a shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing. - Abraham LincolnThought it worked with the picture I had selected...
Here are the quotes for you to play with this week.... may Lincoln inspire you!
As always, I am happy to share my tutorials and freebies / printables with you, I only ask that you do the following:
- Please leave a comment if you download a freebie / printable / digi, because I would love to hear from you
- If you enjoy the things I share with you, please become a follower so that you will see all the new stuff when it is posted (no pressure, join only if you want)
- Please do not share any of my digital images, printables, or tutorials directly with others, but please do send them on over to me so that they can peruse and collect the images themselves.
- I would be thrilled and honored if you would send me links to any images or posts that you've done using something that I have shared with you. If you say it is ok, I will even feature your work here!
- If you want to recolor the images, feel free!
- If you have a special request, please let me know and I will see what I can do.
Enjoy! for Personal Use Antonella DeFalco