banner

 

Friday, August 30, 2013

Freebie Friday Quilled School Bus Pattern


Free Quilled School Bus Pattern
Free Quilled School Bus Pattern

This project is a throwback to a pattern I have posted in the past, but it is perfect for the beginning of the school year.  I love this sweet school bus because he really has a personality.  Can't you see the face within the coils?

Do you have children going to school, or do you have pictures from the first day of school that screaming at you to please put them in your scrapbook? Well, here is the perfect embellishment for you!

This is my Safety First School Bus pattern - as always, I try to keep these patterns simple. They use only the basic shapes so even beginners can create them.

Bus Body (this is the base of the project and the most work comes from this step)

  • 30 Yellow (3 in, 7.6 cm) Loose Coil, cut to 1/16 inch, .15 cm wide
  • 6 Yellow (6 in, 15.2 cm) Loose Coil, cut to 1/16 inch, .15 cm wide
  • 1 Yellow (3 in, 7.6 cm) Teardrop (for Front Bumper), cut to 1/16 inch, .15 cm wide
Free Quilled School Bus - Window Detail
Free Quilled School Bus - Window Detail

Windows

  • 2 White (6 in, 15.2 cm) Loose Coil, cut to 1/16 inch, .15 cm wide
  • 2 White (6 in, 15.2 cm) Half Moon (place over windows), cut to 1/16 inch, .15 cm wide



Free Quilled School Bus - Door Detail
Free Quilled School Bus - Door Detail

Door

  • 6 White (3 in, 7.6 cm) Loose Coil, cut to 1/16 inch, .15 cm wide
  • 1 White (6 in, 15.2 cm) Half Moon (place over door), cut to 1/16 inch, .15 cm wide



Free Quilled School Bus - Wheel Detail
Free Quilled School Bus - Wheel Detail

Wheels

  • 1 White (3 in, 7.6 cm) + 1 Black (12 in, 30.4 cm) Loose Coil (make 2),cut to 1/16 inch, .15 cm wide
  • 1 Yellow (3 in, 7.6 cm) Tight Coil (for Tail pipe), cut to 1/16 inch, .15 cm wide - place by rear wheel
  • 2 Yellow (6 in, 15.2 cm) Half Moon (place over wheel), cut to 1/16 inch, .15 cm wide

If you use this pattern, or it inspires you in some way to create a similar project, please send me a note! I love to hear what you are working on and am blessed when something I have done inspires you!

I hope you have a wonderful day!
Antonella Quilling Art

I am sharing this at the following link parties:
The Answer is Chocolate - http://www.answerischoco.com/2013/08/bff-open-house-link-party-119.html
Craft Frenzy Friday - http://www.craftdictator.com/2013/08/craft-frenzy-friday-2.html
Made to be a Momma - Homemade by You - http://www.madetobeamomma.com/
Whipperberry - Friday Flair Link Party - http://whipperberry.com/2013/08/friday-flair-link-party-back-to-school-edition.html
Practically Functional Link Party - http://practicallyfunctional.com/fun-functional-link-party-61/
A Marvelous Mess Link Party - http://www.marvelouslymessy.com/
Alderberry Hill - Make the Scene Monday - http://www.alderberryhill.com/

15 comments:

Unknown said...

This is adorable!

-Emily @ myloveforwords.com

Jessi @ Practically Functional said...

Oh wow that is super cute! You're so talented!

Antonella said...

The school bus is one of my favorites.. I do like whimsical, and he captures that... maybe I should add some wiggly eyes next time?
Hugs, antonella :-)

A Proverbs 31 Wife said...

I am so impressed! Quilling is such a cool craft, I'm just afraid I would start it and then give up. lol
I'm good at that.

Heather said...

This is sooooo adorable! Love it!

Unknown said...

How cute is this?! I love it!

Anonymous said...

Hey Antonella,
thank you so much for popping by, I have seen you through MIM too. I LOVE quilling! Your work is so inspiring! so much so, that I am your newest follower. :) Hope you can follow me too! see you soon!
xxxxxxxxx
Mimi

Antonella said...

Proverbs, Heather, Therena, and Amelia, Thank you so much for your kind words.

Amelia, I am so glad that you love quilling!

Hugs, antonella :-)

Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow this is such a fun quilling creation. Love the bus design.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Rhonda said...

Thanks for partying with us last week. We loved your bus! Please come back on Friday. Craft Frenzy Friday http://obsessiveandcreative.blogspot.com.

Kylie Rose said...

This is so inspiring! You're so talented!

Kylie @ Absolutely Arkansas

acasarella said...

I had never heard of this technique before but I love it! Nice job :)
--Elena
acasarella.net

Antonella said...

Thank you for your kind words, each of you are inspiring!

Desire, Rhonda, Kylie - Thanks again for your sweet words.

Elena so happy to have introduced you to another technique!

Hugs, antonella :-)

Mandy Hank said...

This school bus is so cute! I have always wanted to do coils but have never tried it. It's great!!

Antonella said...

Thank you Mandy, Glad that I could share this with you, would love it if you gave it a try!
Hugs, antonella :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails