banner

 

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Veterans Day


Today is November 11th. In the United States this is Veterans Day. Veterans Day is always on November 11th. This day was chosen because on the 11th hour of the 11th day in the 11th month World War I ended (November 11, 1918 at 11:00 am). Every year at that time, the President of the United States places a wreath on the Tomb of the Unknowns at Arlington National Cemetery.

I did not want to let today pass without taking a moment to remember all of those men and women who have served and those who have given their lives. So many have served their country and given their lives. For those who have survived and returned I say "Welcome Home and Thank You"

For those who have given the ultimate sacrifice, I say "God Bless you and Thank You for keepting us safe."

These little Patriotic Love Birds are my very small gesture to all of you brave souls.

Technorati Tags: , , ,

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails