banner

 

Sunday, April 08, 2007

Quilled Cross for Easter

easter card
For those of you who celebrate Easter, I wish you and your family a very blessed day.
I selected the following Bible verse to accompany this simple design:

"I am the resurrection and the life:
he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet he shall live.
And whoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die."
John, 11.25

I was doing some research on crosses on the internet because I wanted to use this opportunity to depict a different type of cross than the one that is traditionally quilled. I have depicted what is called the Patriarchal Cross.

patriarchal cross
Here is a closeup of the cross I made using the Spreuer technique. Once created, I simply "scattered" roses about the cross. In keeping with doing something a bit different, I opted not to use the standard white in making the cross and instead went with a regal purple. I opted for a pastel color palette on this item.
quilled cross

Many happy wishes to everyone.

Enjoy!
Copyright Antonella DeFalco

Technorati Tags: , , , , , , , ,

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails