banner

 

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Quilled Daisy Pattern

Spring is here and everything is coming up Daisies. Well, it is a bit cold outside where I live, so not much is growing, but I know that soon the weather will become warmer.

I so much love daisies - especially the quilled ones. They are a perfect addition to a card or scrapbook page and you can always arrange them around a photograph. They are perfect for almost anything. My research says that we get the name daisy from the English translation of "daes eage" or "days eye." They symbolize "Innocence and joy," what a great Title for your scrapbook page.

I love the simplicity and all the vibrant colors that a daisy can be... especially with the Gerbera daisies. How much fun to be able to make a rainbow with your daisies?

I have had a lot of fun making daisies. Today I will post the basic daisy and tomorrow I will share with you my experiments with the Gerbera daisy.

Quilled Daisy

To make the basic 7-Petal Daisy you need the following:
7 - 12 inch (30.48 cm) Teardrops
1 - 24 inch (60.96 cm) grape roll
2 - 12 inch (30.48 cm) Teardrops
1 - strip of green for the stem

Note: When making flowers I tend to use an odd-number of petals. This is a common thing to do in design and is ultimately more pleasing.

Enjoy!
Copyright Antonella DeFalco

Technorati Tags: , , , , , , , ,

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

To say that this is 'basic' quilling is an understaement! It looks quite beautiful as you have displayed it. Hope I can raise my meagre work to such a standard!
Thank You for the patterns.
Margaret Beard
Oldham, Lancs. UK

nadornia said...

Muchas gracias,recien estoy aprendiendo y me gusto mucho su explicacion.
Besos.

Antonella said...

Many Thanks to Margaret and Nadornia for your beautiful comments.

Hugs,
Antonella :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails