banner

 

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Wacky Wednesday and Free Cute Purse Template

Woohoo!!! My first Wacky Wednesday post...

I was thinking it would be a little fun to find other words that start with "W" to try out some other options

Our word this week is:  welaway it means alas... appropriate for today, as I begin anew :-)


I thought it would be fun to share my son's Mother's Day card.  Isn't this adorable? I love the shape and the jewels on the handle, but my favorite is the pictures he drew, LOVE the picture of us hanging out together.  I love the little details that were added just for us - the pool party with the "splash" - I LOVE IT!!!  In fact, I am entering this as one of my projects for the "May Artful Bag Challenge" maybe you will feel inspired to give it a try :-)

For those of you who would like to try your hands at a project of your own, I am sharing this purse template (pdf) that you can print out to make your own purse.  Cathy, if you are reading this, please skip over this next part... I am going to use this template to create a purse card for my niece's birthday... No matter the age, that love of purse's is strong, I am thinking paper with glitter and lots and lots of bling - what do you think? I need to get on that, I don't have a lot of time to pull this together (well, sleep is overrated!)

I promise to take pictures of my journey in creating the girly-girl purse, but some quick notes... I will print out the template, cut and fold it on a scrap piece of paper.  I usually start with printer / copy paper.  I do this because I don't want to have lines on my project, so when I am ready to make my project, this becomes what I use to create my purse.  I will line it up on the paper I am going to cut and cut around it (tape can be used to hold it in place).  I have a bunch of ideas floating around my head right now, they will probably continue to float there for a while as my project builds up in my head and then I attempt to create it :-)

Oops, gotta get the little one to bed.  If you make this project, please link up to this post and leave me a comment so that every one can see your creations!

Have a WONDERFUL day!

Enjoy! Copyright for Personal Use Antonella DeFalco

7 comments:

chillin with Quillin said...

I think it's great recieving something made from your child and Grandkids, thats so sweet!!!!
Paula

Ann said...

what a sweet card that is. Love the little "splash" so cute.

Electra said...

You were right, this is really special!! Lucky you!

nadornia said...

Lindisimo proyecto.
Gracias
Besos

Antonella said...

Thank you so much!! I am very proud of my little guy - he puts so much thought and attention to his projects and as his mother I appreciate each of them!
Hugs,
antonella :-)

Patricia's Paper Crafts said...

Very clever purse card I love it.

Ana Cristina Caldatto said...

creative bag
and grateful for sharing the pattern!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails