12 Days of Christmas - Day 5 - Quilled Christmas Tree Ornament
Everyone should have a Christmas Tree, and this 3D Scroll Tree is just the thing. Lots of paper strips of various sizes, create some v-scrolls and assemble.
I used the 1/8 in (.3 cm) wide quilling paper. This photo shows green, but it looks nice in a multitude of colors like blue, turquoise, white, purple, pink, you name it.
Create the base of the tree by rolling a wider strip, approximately 3/4 in to 1 in wide
For the Branches (lol)
- Cut 2 strips at various lengths (I cut about 4 different lengths) 3 in, 2-1/2 in, 2 in, 1 in
- Note: These lengths are estimates, I did not measure them
- Make V-Scrolls
- Starting at the bottom, glue the v-scrolls starting with your trunk
- Alternate which side they face so that as you move upward and build your tree moving you fill in the empty spots
- Attach a hanger and you have an ornament
- Tip: This can also If you make it smaller you can
Tips / Hints / Ideas:
- You can also wear this as a necklace, you can make it smaller or really small and wear them as dangly earrings too
- If you are looking for something more festive, you can decorate the tree by adding a garland and some tiny paper ornaments or lights
How do you select your tree each year? I was talking with a friend about her journey to get their tree this year and thought I'd share. This was the first time they were going to pick a tree from a tree farm, as luck would have it, it had rained all day the day prior, so the ground was very muddy. They were not deterred, she and her sister picked a tree, then waited for their tree, and waited, and waited... When they got the tree home, it was a little bigger than they thought it was going to be. As we chuckled over the story, I told her that I should have warned her about being careful about how big the tree really is, they don't look quite so large among the other trees. Do you have a Christmas Tree story?
Check out my Link Parties to see the badges of all the lovely places where I am linking to.
Updated: 12/21 - I received an early Christmas present, I was featured on the Inspire Us Thursday Link Party! I am so thrilled!
I hope you have a wonderful day!