- I cut 2 pieces of cardstock 6 x 5 inches (DCWV the Street Lace Stack)
- I scored each piece at 1/4 inch and 1/2 inch on each of the short sides
- Since this paper was not double sided, I needed to line the inside of what would later become the back piece. I used some of my paper stash and found Autumn Leaves assorted scrap pack and mounted it on the back.
- I then punched a 2 inch circle centered in the front piece.
- I punched 7 angels and scored them in the center. I then glued them to each other, to make a half circle / fan.
- I used my Fiskars scallop punches and punched one of each size.
- Mounted the Angels to the scallops and then centered them so that it could be seen through the window in the front.
- It would not be complete without some "bling" so I used my glitter glue for some sparkle. I placed a dot of glue on each of the scallops. It really changes the whole look.
I used another leftover scrap of the background paper and layered it on the front of the card.
I made a pretty bow to layer on the strip
No card is complete without a quote or sentiment, so I used a free sentiment from Rainbow Echo Designs it was Tameko's sentiments #2 "It is the little blessings that help us to see just how lovely life can be."
I again used my scallop punch to punch it out and then punched 1/16 inch circle punches in each of the scallops. I used the scrap circle cutouts from when I was cutting for the opening.
There are a few challenges that I am entering this card into, they are:
- Sentimental Sundays ~ "Anything With Wings" (Jan 18)
- Aly's Sunday ~ "Things With Wings" (Jan 22)
- My Time To Craft ~ "Up in The Air"
- Cupcake Craft ~ "Something New" (this is the 1st time I have attempted this type of card) (Jan 16)
- Rainbow Lady ~ "It's All New to Me" (this is the 1st time I have attempted this type of card)
- Allsorts Challenge ~ "Fancy Fold" (this new fold of the card I made)
- Our Daily Bread ~ "Something Old, Something New" (Something old - my background paper and angel punch, Something new - the card style itself and the sentiment)
Note: This is not my original card design. I was going to include the link to the tutorial for the card and cannot find the card that inspired it. I promise to keep looking for it and will update this post with the link.
Enjoy! Copyright for Personal Use Antonella DeFalco