Please find the following list of instructions for how to make the Quilled Shapes. I am continually adding information and instructions, so please check back for updates. With each set of instructions, you will find a detailed description of how you make the shapes as well as a picture that you can download to show you what each shape looks like:
- Getting Started - if you want to learn about the basic supplies and how to get started, please look here.
- Information about quilling paper - basic information about quilling paper, widths, and strip lengths.
- Coil Shapes - I sometimes call these Circle shapes because they all start out as a circle. These are the basic shapes that most quilling projects, beginner to advanced, use. The shapes described are; Tight Coil/Tight Roll/Peg, Loose Coil, Teardrop, Marquis, and Heart.
- Grape Roll - this is a variation of the tight roll/tight coil/peg shape. The center is pushed out.
- Scroll and Spiral Shapes - These are more decorative, but are also used in most quilling projects. The shapes described are; Open Coil, S-Scroll, C-Scroll, Heart scroll, and Spiral.
- More Scroll Shapes - Getting fancy with the basic shapes and combining them to make; Heart-T-Scroll, Double Scroll, and Kissing S-Scrolls.
- Fringed Flowers are decorative flowers that add a real punch to your quilled designs. I have posted several instructions - Detailed Fringed Flower instructions, Basic Fringed Flower instructions, Information about Fringed Flowers and More pictures of Fringed Flowers
- Spreuer Instructions - have you ever wondered how to do "spreuer" or "folded" designs? These instructions will get you started.
- Fill in Technique - Explains how you can use a picture to create any design.
- Free Patterns - Follow the links here to see what you can do with all these shapes you have just learned about.
Technorati Tags: quilling, paper filigree, filigrana, free quilling pattern, free pattern, naqg
Copyright Antonella DeFalco