Today we will start with the phrase:
I want this pattern to use only the shapes that we have learned so far, and provide an example of using the Scroll shapes. Since I want this to be something to honor my mother, I want to use hearts. I have thought about a scrapbook page or a framed piece. After much thought and consideration, I have decided that I want this to be a card that I will send to my sister. That being said, let's organize our tools.
These are some of the things that we will need:
- Computer and printer - My handwriting is really bad and since this is my phrase, I don't have a stamp with the phrase on it, so this is my best option! :-)
- A card - I have selected a white 5x7" card
- Paper - I know that this will sound a bit valentine-ish but I have selected pink and red. I will use the pink for my hearts and red for the background
- Heart punch - Approximate size is 1.5 inches (3.8 cm)
- Fancy scissors - I selected a scallop shape
- I also cut out a circle - I traced a small round container, 3 inches (7.6cm) wide and cut it out using scalloped scissors
At this point I have my card, 3 hearts, and a scalloped circle.
Here are pictures from later posts
Please click here for more details about this pattern.
Copyright Antonella DeFalco