Here is a sweet project using a 2-1/2 x 3-1/2 inch format (ATC size) - I still haven't decided if it will be added to a card or framed? Why not share your thoughts in a comment?
I started with a 2 part crackle medium. This is easy to use:
- Start with a dark navy blue as the base, let it dry
- Apply the crackle medium, let it dry
- Paint a white top coat over the crackle medium and this is where the magic occurs - as the paint drys it creates "cracks" where the blue peaks through
Then I painted some tree branches in blue (I am into blue these days) :-)
This is where the quilling is added....
2 Song Birds (make each one this way - updated paper length):
- 1 - 12 in ( 30.4 cm) redshaped teardrop - play with this a little to get it to look like the body
- 1 - 6 in ( 15.2 cm) red teardrop for the head - lay this teardrop with the pointed end on top of the rounded body
- 1 - 1.5 in (3.8 cm) white beak - roll into a lose coil and push into center to create the beak
The remaining accents all use 1/16 in ( cm) wide paper
- 10 - 3 in ( 7.6 cm) green shaped marquise
- 1 - 3 in ( 7.6 cm) green teardrop
- 3 - 1.5 in ( 3.8 cm) green spiral
- 4 - 1.5 in ( 3.8 cm) red tight roll - for buds
- 8 - 1.5 in ( 3.8 cm) white tight roll - for buds
Arrange as shown and you have pair of very Happy Song Birds!
Copyright for Personal Use Antonella DeFalco
Technorati Tags: quilling, paper filigree, filigrana, free quilling pattern, quilled bird, bird, free pattern, naqg, childrens crafts