banner

 

Tuesday, October 01, 2013

Every Falling Leaf Card and Autumn Frame

Every Leaf Speaks Bliss to Me Falling from the Autumn Tree quote
Every Leaf Speaks Bliss to Me
Good Morning! The wonderful Autumn weather is holding firm, it is beautiful. The leaves are turning all those wonderful golden yellows and reds and you are comfortable when enjoying the outdoors!

You can thank the lovely weather and this fantastic quote from Emily Bronte:

"Every Leaf Speaks Bliss to Me, Fluttering from the Autumn Tree"
Isn't this just the most perfect quote for this time of year? I absolutely love it!!!  I went searching for a tree image to couple with the quote and went about playing designing.  I created the Autumn Polaroid cut file first, I knew I wanted to do something for the fall, and as you know, I do love those Polaroid frames, so Project Life!  I cut it out of green and backed the letters with purple (I love that color combination).  Here's a close up of the gorgeous font (this font is a keeper for future projects - it cuts really well and is so pretty! Updated - the cut file for the Autumn Polaroid frame is here!)

Autumn Polaroid frame
Autumn Polaroid - closeup

I then worked on the quote, and how to break it apart... and then of course there is the too many fonts for one person to use in their lifetime search for the perfect font and ended up with what you see here.  As I started working with it, I decided that I wanted the tree to extend beyond the frame (I think next time I will go with a smooth semi-circle, or just cut the tree off instead?).

Every Leaf Speaks Bliss to Me Falling from the Autumn Tree quote
...Falling from the Autumn Tree


I currently have it as a card, but I don't know? I am thinking of maybe adding a fall photo of one of our nature walks and keeping it on my desk at work? Or perhaps simply framing this?

Free Tree Clipart


Oh, I grabbed the tree from http://bestclipartblog.com/25-tree-clip-art.html/tree-clip-art-14
Isn't it a great tree? Will definitely have to stop in and check out all their clipart!

Do you second guess yourself and your projects? Do you ever get to the end and then start over? Shhh, don't tell anyone, but I do, or I store the picture in a folder called - "Someday Do Overs"... I don't hate the projects, but there is something that you know you can do better next time...

I hope you have a wonderful day!
Antonella Quilling Art

7 comments:

Ann said...

Love the quote, love the tree clip art and I love the card. I like the way you went outside the frame with the tree

Unknown said...

Love the card ans the quote! Just started following you. Looking forward to seeing more.

Margaret

A Proverbs 31 Wife said...

You did such a great job with that!

Susan@Organized31 said...

I second guess myself all the time. Your card turned out quite lovely. No second guessing here. Thanks for sharing at Inspire Us Thursday on Organized 31.

Wendy said...

Great card, love the tree! Spotted it on MIM xx

Unknown said...

Very sweet card- I love anything with trees:)

Thanks for visiting my blog today!

loz said...

Gorgeous card and colors Antonella. I saw this on MIM..Loz

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails