|If the Broom Fits Ride It free printable project|
Quilled Witches Hat and Broom
Ok, now onto the quilling!
|Free Quilled Orange and Black Witches Hat Instructions|
The hat begins very similarly to another witches hat I shared, check out the picture and link below!
Quilled Witches Hat:
- 3 strips of black quilling paper - Rolled to create a teardrop shape
- Tip: I wanted the hat to be denser, that is why I used so many strips
- Tip: You can certainly use fewer strips if you'd like, that's the fun of making it yourself!
I wanted to incorporate orange, because I do love the way black and orange look, so I grabbed a few leftover orange strips from another project and, this is what I did:
- Pulled off a piece and wrapped it around the teardrop
- This was the fun part, I used these orange strips to create a more cone-like hat
- They worked perfectly to keep that slightly off center, angled hat that I wanted to create
- Tip: You can use accent colors and strips to create special shapes in your quilling as I've done here
- 1 strip of black quilling paper to create a crescent shape for the brim of the hat
- Glue this to the base of your hat
|Free Quilled Witches Broom Instructions|
The Broom was even easier!
- Cut off a 3/4 inch wide, by 3 inches long strip from a brown paper bag
- Cut fringes into the strip along the 3 inch long side, making sure not to cut through the entire 3/4 inches
- Roll it to create the bristles of the broom.
- The broom handle is a leftover piece of black paper
- I added the black to the top because I love the contrast
- Tip: Adding the black cover at the top is more than a decorative choice, it is also a great way to keep the broom together
I hope you have a wonderful day!