As you can see, I have been thinking about Father's Day! It is about a week away, so I had better get moving... In the process of trying to figure out what to do this year, I started looking back at other things I've done because let's face it those masculine cards are tough!!
I happened across this Thank You card I did for someone at work who was into sailing and thought that sailboats definitely fall into that masculine category (you know, like ties, shirts, anchors, golf - c'mon, fess up, we've all done them - lol).
The picture on this card is one that I took. Are you drawn to the water? So am I, so when these sailboats happened by I couldn't resist. I made this card and the magnet below a few years ago, and as I look at it now I realize I should have cropped the photo so that the sailboats are less centered and more to the right. Well, I know that I am going to use this picture again, so I uploaded the photo and cropped it before I sent it to print - I'll let you know how it turned out!
This sailboat uses very basic quilled shapes:
- 1 strip of white quilling paper, make a D-shape. How you might ask? Start with a Teardrop and then pinch the opposite end which will cause the center to bulge - wala - a D-shape
- Half strip of white quilling paper, make a smaller D-shape
- The boat shape is also a D-shape
- For the mast take a strip of quilling paper and make a spiral shape
- Can't forget the little flag at the top - take a 6 inch strip and make a Triangle shape (take your D-shape and pinch the other side)
- I decided some birds would look perfect and created a few simple flying V's (you know, like we used to draw in school - well, I actually still draw them)
I also am including a picture of a magnet I made using the same image - I had made them to give to co-workers as part of a thank you for work on a difficult project. You can see that I used the same colors as above, and it was basically the same, but I modified the Larger sail and it is a triangle shape.
I hope you like this project.
Free Father's Day Badge... read on and find it at the bottom of this post, first....
I am happy to share my tutorials and freebies / printables with you, I only ask that you do the following:
- Please leave a comment if you download one of my freebies / printables, I would love to hear from you
- If you enjoy the things I share with you, please become a follower so that you will see all the new stuff when it is posted (no pressure, join only if you want)
- Please do not share any of my digital images, printables, or tutorials directly with others, but please do send them on over to me so that they can peruse and collect the images themselves.
- I would be thrilled and honored if you would send me links to any images or posts that you've done using something that I have shared with you. If you say it is ok, I will even feature your work here!
- If you want to recolor the images, feel free! If you have a special request, please let me know and I will see what I can do.
Without further ado... Here is a Father's Day Badge that I created.... you may recognize it from my Father's Day project last year. We have this in our family room and I still love it - of course, it has pictures of the kids, so how couldn't I? Yeah, what a sap :-)
second post with these badges in several colors - click here to grab the other badges.
Enjoy! Copyright for Personal Use Antonella DeFalco