Boy, am I grateful that there are 24 hours in a day because I need every minute to get some of my posts in...
Today I wanted to share with you my absolute favorite ATC of all time! Last week I posted instructions for my Quilled Sun ATC on an acrylic background and today it is "SPIRIT" this is an ATC I made as part of a SWAP. I just love the black and white simplicity and I hope you do too!
I started with a white cardstock and printed the words directly onto the full sheet - I played around with placement a bit until I found a font and layout that I liked. I selected the words:
Once I printed the words onto the cardstock, I cut the cards to ATC size 2.5 in x 3.5 in (6.4 cm x 8.9 cm)
For the horse silhouette, I did a google search (and guess what, I found a site that has the image: http://karenswhimsy.com/horse-silhouette.shtm)
- I printed the silhouette on white printer paper using an inkjet printer and cut it out
- I decoupaged the horse onto the ATC
- This is where a happy thing happened - the black ink ran a little and created the neatest background effect
- I added a few glue layers to get a nice shiny look
- You have to let the glue dry completely before you can add the quilling (if it starts to curl, place it under a heavy object)
For the quilled elements:
- 8 - 6 in (15.2 cm) Fringed Strips White 1/8 in ( cm) wide paper
- Create 8 fringed flowers by rolling the paper into a tight roll and then gently pressing on the fringes to make the flowers as shown.
- 10 - 4 in (10.2 cm) White Teardrops for flower petals
- Arrange 5 teardrops, glued at the tip (pointed end) to make flower
- You will make 2 of these
- Add a Crystal in the center for added sparkle
I have so many ideas floating around my head about how I might re-do this ATC... Maybe creating an outline of a horse instead of using a silhouette image - perhaps creating a flowing mane and tale instead of the fringed flowers... so many possibilities :-)
Enjoy! Copyright for Personal Use Antonella DeFalco