banner

 

Tuesday, September 03, 2013

Deepest Sympathy Card

Deepest Sympathy Card - All White

I created this Sympathy card for a friend who lost her father.  I did a bit of research before creating this, and ultimately decided to create an all white card.  In India, the color for death is white, and that is the reason I selected white.  I embellished the card with pearls, glossy accents, and glitter. I find that I often get lost in my research when trying to come up with ideas for my cards.  Do you also research your cards before you create them? I'd love to hear about some of the things you research or do as part of your creative process when you make your cards.


Antonella Deepest Sympathy - close up


You may be wondering why the little card peeking out in the photo above. I was challenged in creating a card that was so monochromatic that I decided I would add a little color by creating a mini card. In the end, I could not mar the card in the inside and created a cut file with the words "Deepest Sympathy" that I placed inside.  I never did write inside of this card, instead writing inside the mini card.  I layered the sentiment on a doily that I had on hand.

Deepest Sympathy Studio Cut File

If you join me on Friday, Click here where I share the silhouette cut file that I used to create the "Deepest Sympathy" sentiment.  I love the delicate flow of the font, don't you?

I may have gone a bit overboard on this card, I used many different die cuts including a few of my Memory Box dies.  I think I like adding multiple die cuts on my cards.  I used the following Memory Box dies: Floral Circle and Quinn Fourish dies.  The Floral Circle is on both the main card and my little mini card!

I am or will be sharing this at the following link parties (buttons are in my link party tab above):

  • Make It Monday - http://ppp-makeitmonday.blogspot.com/
  • The Happy Housie - http://thehappyhousie.com/
  • The Answer is Chocolate - http://www.answerischoco.com
  • Craft Frenzy Friday - http://www.craftdictator.com
  • Made to be a Momma - Homemade by You - http://www.madetobeamomma.com/
  • Whipperberry - Friday Flair Link Party - http://whipperberry.com
  • Practically Functional Link Party - http://practicallyfunctional.com
  • A Marvelous Mess Link Party - http://www.marvelouslymessy.com/
  • Alderberry Hill - Make the Scene Monday - http://www.alderberryhill.com/

I hope you have a wonderful day!
Antonella Quilling Art

21 comments:

Tammy said...

Gorgeous card, I love all of the different dies! Thanks for stopping by my blog!
Tammy x

Antonella said...

Tammy, Thank you for your lovely comment. I love my dies... perhaps too much... I definitely need to start using them much more.
Hugs, antonella :-)

Desire Fourie said...

Absolutely stunning. Hard to believe its all white. Such beautiful textures.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Ann said...

I suppose I could call my procrastinating research but not for cards. I've done it for other projects but mainly to find instruction.
Your card is gorgeous

Diane said...

Wow, just a beautiful design.

Regards diane

The Causal Craftlete said...

I love this card. It is so beautiful. That was really thoughtful of you to do research on the culture. Thanks for stopping by The Casual Craftlete blog. Have a wonderful night!

Katie

Wendy said...

Beautiful card, I'm sure your friend appreciated it. Spotted it on MIM xx

Chana Malkah said...

This is beautiful!! When I was a child, on Mother's Day, those who had lost their mothers wore White Carnations (Or Roses) and those whose mothers were still alive wore red Carnations or (Roses). I think it is important to research when making cards for people from other cultures or countries.
I do a lot of research on my projects, because I like continuity in my design.

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a nice comment. I found both your cards at MIM!
Hugz,
Chana

Chrissy said...

Very pretty Antonella,love the dies and sparkle...gorgeous.
Thanks for sharing with us at Make it Monday..

Luv CHRISSYxx

chillin with Quillin said...

gorgeous card, love it !!!!
Paula

Antonella said...

I am so grateful for all your lovely comments!

Desire and Chrissy, Thank you. I do love all the layers. It is so difficult to photograph white, but it was neat to see all the textures.

Ann and Katie, Thanks for your comments. I guess it sounds better if I call it research, my biggest problem is that I always get distracted and end up searching for something else before I'm done.

Thanks again Diane, Wendy, and Paula.

Hugs, antonella :-)

Jan said...

Beautiful. I popped over from Mim xx Jan

Unknown said...

Wow, such a gorgeous sympathy card Antonella! I love the thought you put into making it and totally understand about losing yourself in the research. :) Hope you have a great week!

loz said...

Gorgeous White card Antonella. I saw this on MIM..Loz

Ericraft said...

Beautiful card you have created. How lovely that its all white. i have tried all white cards before and they can be quite difficult.
Thanks for dropping by my blog via MIM

Radhika Kapur said...

this is great antonella, my white projects never remain white lol. and thanks for dropping by :)

caroline said...

Wow great card, a lot of thought has gone into it, love all the layers. Thank you so much for your kind comments on my blog.
Caroline xx

Heather said...

Love all the white...great layers and depth..and texture! Fabby!
Visiting Via MIM
Hugs
Heather

Billie A said...

Striking card love the layers and the white on white. I saw you on MIM. Lovely card.

Antonella said...

Jan, Lisa, Loz, Erica, Tina, Radhika, Caroline, and Heather Thank you so so much for your sweet comments! I know what you mean about white projects, always a challenge to keep them white!
Hugs, Antonella :-)

Antonella said...

Billie, Thank you. I love the white layers too, I wish you could have seen it in person, my photo doesn't show it well!
Hugs, antonella :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails