banner

 

Friday, September 20, 2013

Freebie Friday Ghost Shaped Card Cut File

Antonella's Ghost Shaped Card - quilling.blogspot.com
Ghost Shaped Card


Another Fabulous Freebie Friday! Tis the season for all things Halloween, and this little fella fits right in. This little ghost will be going to a good home. I love the fact that he looks a bit surprised, I wonder if it is the spider webs and the spider crawling about?

I started with a black base, and cut the card shape.  Then I cut the ghost out on white, you will notice that there are pre-cut holes for his eyes and surprised expression.  Before I glued anything down, I placed the little guy down on the card base and used my crafting paint brush with some glossy accents to mark where the eyes and mouth were.  Then I safely moved him to the side and filled in the entire area with glossy accents and sprinkled some really pretty purple shimmer glitter over top.  You can see the shimmer, but cannot tell the color from the photo.

Antonella's Ghost Shaped Card - quilling.blogspot.com


While the glitter was drying, I ran him through my Cuttlebug, and used the Cuttlebug Spots & Dots Embossing Folder.  Oh no, do you think that's why he looks surprised? Can you see the embossing in the photo? I have started embossing some of my layers more and more lately, I love the added texture and depth it gives to my projects.  Do you like to emboss parts of your projects too?

I had some extra spider webs and a spider from another project I was working on at the same time, and by happy coincidence one of the spider webs fell on my ghost and I said, "hmmm, that might not be a bad idea" when I asked my creative consultant (my son) what he thought, he liked it! Since this is going to be his cousin's card, he gets final say, lol.  So I added the lovely spider webs and spider and then added some of this fabulous yarn (I love it because it is fun, but when I added it to the card, it kinda made him look like he had hair).  I kept the hair for the photo, but my son consultant doesn't think it works for a boy, he may be right, lol.

To finish him off I had to add some bling, so I've added some rhinestones and some sequins and he was finally ready.

What do you think about using him as a Birthday card, he can just as easily be an invitation to a Halloween party, or how about your next block party or maybe a Bunco card night out with the girls?

Antonella's Ghost Shaped Card Free Cut File - quilling.blogspot.com
Ghost shaped card studio cut file - click to download

The cut file contains the ghost shaped base and two ghost layers, one with eyes for the front and one without for the inside so that you have something to write on.

As always, I am happy to share my tutorials, freebies / printables (and now cut files) with you, I only ask that you do the following:
  • Please leave a comment if you download  freebie / printable / digi, etc, because I would love to hear from you
  • If you enjoy the things I share with you, please become a follower so that you will see all the new stuff when it is posted (no pressure, join only if you want)
  • Please do not share any of my digital images, printables, or tutorials directly with others, but please do send them on over to me so that they can peruse and collect the images themselves.
  • I would be thrilled and honored if you would send me links to any images or posts that you've done using something that I have shared with you.  If you say it is ok, I will even feature your work here!
  • If you want to recolor the images, feel free! 
  • If you have a special request, please let me know and I will see what I can do.
Most importantly be Fantastically Creative You!


I will be linking up to these parties over the next few days, hope to see you there!

I hope you have a wonderful day!
Antonella Quilling Art

26 comments:

chillin with Quillin said...

he's adorable, like the spider webs to,it would be great to use on small treat bags to !!!!
Paula

Ann said...

That is so cute. Even though I don't make many cards I do have a cuttlebug that I like to use for embossing. I also love the way it looks.

Jessi @ Practically Functional said...

Love this card Antonella, super cute! Pinning, and thanks so much for sharing at my link party!

Noreen said...

A fun, creepy idea - and a clever way to make a ghost!

Noreen
Crafty Journal

loz said...

This is Fabulous Antonella..I spotted this on MIM..Loz

Peanut said...

Cute little project, Antonella. Caught my eye on MIM.
xxx Asha
Sunny Summer Crafts

DIANA L. said...

What a cute ghost card.I saw you on MIM I am # 14. stop by I would
Love to have you visit.
This is so sweet.
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is super, fantastic shape. I spotted you on MIM and came for a closer look and I am so glad that I did.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxxx

Shirley-Anne said...

Too cute to be scary , but that's the fun of it . Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday

Wendy said...

What a fun halloween card! Love the glittery eyes, spotted it on MIM xx

Bubleeing Colors said...

Oh wow.............. It took me a minute to figure out the body............ but as I was looking at it, it seemed like the glittery eyes just suddenly appeared and I figured it out............... FUN!!!
Thanks for visiting my blog !!!!!!

Hugs
SOMA

Anonymous said...

what a great card, doesnt the ghost look fun :D

Jen at A Heart Full of Love said...

Cute! Cute! Cute! One of these days I am going to get a Silhouette so I can use all these free cut files I find.

By the way, I love that your son is your "creative consultant" :) He made a good call on the spiderwebs.

Unknown said...

Love this little ghost! I have always loved paper crafts and this little guy is calling me!

I would love it if you would drop by and link this and any other craft you want to share at the In and Out of the Kitchen Link Party. It goes live at 7:00 p.m. EST tonight (monday) See you there!

Cynthia at http://FeedingBig.com

Laura @ digiartcafe.com said...

Hi Antonella, visiting you from Digiartcafe! Thanks for stopping by. I love this halloween card. Gets me in the spirit of Fall!:)

Maysem said...

Adorable card! I love Halloween and all the cuteness of it!

Pia S said...

Thank your for the lovely comment you left on my blog, I'm returning your visit from MIM. This ghost shaped Halloween card is just adorable!!! I like how you decorated it with texture, spiders and spiders web! So cute!

DonnaMundinger said...

EEK! So cute! I love shaped card and this is adorable. Fab fibers you used too. Saw it on MIM and had to comment. xxD

Lucy said...

As always, this is cute. Thanks for sharing.

Stephanie said...

This is too cute! Perfect for Halloween party invites!!

Susan@Organized31 said...

Lo-ve the card. The bling makes it! I'd love if you linked up at Organized 31

Katelyn said...

This is so cute! :)

Katelyn
Learning, Creating, Living.

Unknown said...

Such a cute idea!

Unknown said...

What a cute card! Thanks for commenting on my blog... I am happy to visit you on yours! Happy Autumn!!

Kim said...

Visiting from I heart Naptime :) Love your little ghost card. Thanks for sharing! Following your blog now :)

Kim
Kimber's Craft Day

Emily @ House and Hone said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! you are genius for adding what links you linked up with in the comments! I love this little spooky ghost card! I love that you do quilling. I think I still have my quilling stuff from a book my mom bought me when I was like 14. I am going to have to dig it out and make something fun! Thanks for teaching me that blogging tip and also did you just create a google doc link to share your studio files? I also think its great how you say if you download, comment and follow! That is a great idea! You are brilliant! (Ps... I think I might make a little glitter banner with your cute ghost! Do you mind if i link back to you once I am done?)

-Emily @ House and Hone

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails