On the 12th Day of Quilling we made a Spreuer Cross.
Click for help on Spreuer Instructions. For this project I started wrapping in the center and then wrapped to the right and then the left. You will see me write R or L to indicate this, please remember that it will turn out the same if you go the opposite sides as long as they are even and you continue to alternate. I am providing my instructions this way, because I needed to pick a direction.
The fun thing about Spreuer is that it is really a lot of fun and just like all quilling, it is something you can experiment with and find new ways to use it... I hope you give this a try!
So, for the cross you need the following:
You need to make 3 of these:
- Start 6 - R7 - L7 - R8 - L8 End
For the longer part of the cross, make 1 of these
- Start 12 - R13 - L13 - R14 - L14 - R15 - L15 End
- Glue the long piece to one of the short pieces (top to bottom)
- Glue each of the remaining short pieces to either side of where you joined together the top and bottom pieces
- 6 - 3 inch (7.62 cm) white teardrops
- 1 - 3 inch (7.62 cm) red loose coil
- 3 - 3 inch (7.62 cm) green marquis
- Arrange to make flower as shown
- Attach to Cross where all pieces are joined together
Copyright Antonella DeFalco
Technorati Tags: spreuer, quilling, paper filigree, filigrana, free quilling pattern, christmas quilling, free pattern, naqg, childrens crafts, Spreuer Cross