On the 9th Day of Quilling we made a fancy ornament. Tried to keep this one simple, with mostly loose coil shapes.
To make this project you will need:
- 4 - 3 inch (7.62 cm) green teardrops
- 5 - 3 inch (7.62 cm) white teardrops
- 1 - 3 inch (7.62 cm) red teardrop
- 3 - 3 inch (7.62 cm) red diamond
- 5 - 3 inch (7.62 cm) red loose coils
- 11 - 3 inch (7.62 cm) green loose coils
- 7 - 3 inch (7.62 cm) white loose coils
When making the ornament, please refer to the picture. Starting at the top and working or way down, do the following:
To make the flower:
- Place red loose coil and place 5 white teardrops (rounded end glued to red loose coil) to make a star shape.
- Place 4 green teardrops between white teardrops (pointed end glued to red loose coil)
- Glue 1 red loose coil to the top of the flower
- Row 1 - Glue 3 green and 3 white loose coils, alternating colors
- Row 2 - Glue 4 green and 2 white loose coils, alternating colors
- Row 3 - 4 green loose coils
- Row 4 - 3 red loose coils
- Row 5 - 2 white loose coils
- Row 6 - 1 red teardrop, glue rounded end to row 5
To attach the top and bottom use the 3 red diamond shapes to attach them as shown in the picture.
I hope you like this project.
Copyright Antonella DeFalco
Technorati Tags: quilling, paper filigree, filigrana, free quilling pattern, christmas quilling, free pattern, naqg, childrens crafts, quilled ornament